Is my Estate Plan up-to-date?
Since you last revised your estate plan:
- Have more than 3 years passed since your estate plan has been reviewed with an attorney?
- Have you confirmed that the appropriate assets are transferred to the name of your trust?
- Have you married or divorced?
- Has your spouse died?
- Has there been a significant change in the size of your estate?
- Have you relocated to another state or purchased real estate in another state?
- Have you or your children given birth to or adopted a child?
- Has there been a serious illness in the family?
- Have you had a change in your business interests or retired?
- Has any heir/beneficiary to your estate married or divorced?
- Are each of your heirs/beneficiaries financially responsible?
- Are each of your heirs/beneficiaries over the age of 18?
- Does any heir/beneficiary have “special needs” or have right to claim government disability?
- Have you reviewed beneficiary designations on your retirement accounts and life insurance?
- Do you have peace of mind that your estate plan will “work?”